Student Enrolment Form
You are enrolling in a Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting Local Government
Course Start date: 15 Oct 2019
Training will only go ahead when we have enough participants interested.
The Advanced Diploma is a qualification that requires breadth, depth and complexity involving analysis, diagnosis, design, planning execution and evaluation across a broad range of technical and/or managerial functions including development of new criteria or applications or knowledge or procedures. It requires the application of a significant range of fundamental principles and complex techniques across a wide and often unpredictable variety of contexts in relation to either varied or highly specific functions. Contribution to the development of a broad plan, budget or strategy is involved and accountability and responsibility for self and others in achieving the outcomes is involved.
This is a practical program in which participants will develop the strategic management skills necessary to operate at the middle to senior management level in the public sector, with emphasis on conducting and managing higher level and more complex procurement processes. Participants will participate in significant case studies, negotiation scenarios, making presentations and will also examine the legal, legislative and policy framework within which higher level procurements occur.
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Pro Leaders Academy Pty Ltd RTO #45024 is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form), may be used or disclosed by Pro Leaders Academy Pty Ltd RTO #45024 for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes. Pro Leaders Academy Pty Ltd RTO #45024 may disclose your personal information for these purposes to:
• Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
• populating authenticated VET transcripts;
• facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
• pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
• understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
• administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER's website at www.ncver.edu.au).
This Advanced Diploma course will enable you to:
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of strategic procurement and contract management in the public sector, including legislative requirements.
• Understand the importance of good corporate governance and internal controls.
• Support strategic thinking in relation to government procurement issues.
• Communicate effectively with staff and other stakeholders.
• Support productive working relationships and achieve results
The Advance Diploma is 12 days long, made up of two and three-day blocks of training. The last 2 days of the course are an assessment workshop. You will be required to undertake some preparatory research within your organisation. This may require up to 10 hours of your time outside class.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields in bold are required.