Student Enrolment Form
You are enrolling in a QLD - Traffic Controller (TC) -10
Course Start date: 24 Jan 2022
This short course will provide participants with the skills and practical knowledge to control traffic with a stop-slow bat. If you are looking to work in the traffic management industry, then this is the course for you.
This course is made up of two components and participants must successfully complete both components before being deemed competent:
• Classroom Component (1-day) Participants will be exposed to variety of learning methods, presentations, group activities, demonstrations and simulated and practical activities to provide participants with the opportunity to practice their new skills and prepare them for their vocational placement
• Vocational Placement (20-hours) This is a placement on the job at a roadwork site where participants will gain experience a range of practical activities including performing stop-slow traffic control under close supervision. This part is fully coordinated with WARP Traffic Management and is to be completed within 3-months of training.
This course is an approved traffic controller training program in through the Department of Transport and Main Roads Queensland and will provide the knowledge and skills necessary to safely control traffic with a stop-slow bat. For more information on this course please refer to the TMR Traffic Controller Information Sheet and FAQ.
Upon successful completion, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
• RIIWHS205D - Control traffic with stop-slow bat
• RIIWHS201D – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
• RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
$450.00 p/p (includes 20 hour placement through WARP Traffic Management)
WTA QLD: Unit 1/23 Darnick Street, Underwood, QLD, 4119
Additional locations available on request
To become an Accredited Traffic Controller in Queensland you are required to successfully complete an approved traffic controller training course and entrants must meet the requirements as set out in the Traffic Controller Accreditation Scheme - Approved Procedures (TCASAP)
All course participants must:
• Meet the medical fitness and suitability criteria, declaring your offence history, medical fitness and training qualifications
• Have held an Australian or foreign provisional or open drivers licence within the last five years
• Be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Have language, literacy and numeracy skills to an ACSF level 2 to undertake this course, if you need more information please call Warp Training Australia.
• Provide a valid Unique student identifier (USI) (If you do not have a USI please head to usi.gov.auand create one in a few short steps
• It is also a pre-requisite for all Traffic Controllers working on a construction site to hold a Construction Safety Awareness (white card) which must be obtained prior to the course.
• Learners who apply to the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) for a Traffic Controller Industry Authority Card after successful completion of the course will be subject to a criminal history check. For further information on accreditation for traffic controllers in Queensland learners must be informed by referring to the TMR information available at tmr.qld.gov.au.
Students are required to wear the appropriate safety clothing to conduct the practical component of the training course. This includes:
• Safety boots (steel caps)
• Long pants
• Hi-vis long sleeve shirt
To establish your identity WTA requires that you bring:
• Photo ID
• Construction Safety Awareness (Blue / White) Card
• A valid Unique student identifier (USI)
Tea and Coffee will be provided.
How to enrol
To secure your spot in any of our courses, you are required to enrol online and complete payment for the course. Once this is received, your spot in the course is confirmed and you will receive a booking confirmation.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields with a red * are required.